Updated: May 6
Course Name: Geospatial Technology for Archaeological Studies.
For: Professionals from Central, State Government, Private Organisations and NGOs engaged in hydro-meteorological based regional and national projects. Also, students and researchers aligned to research/working in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) activities.
Course Type: Free
Certificate: Free. 70% attendance mandatory
Conducted by: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS)
About: ISRO, IIRS – The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing is a premier institute for research, higher education and training in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GPS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental and Disaster Management under the Indian Department of Space, which was established in the year 1966.
The IIRS programme started in 2007 with 12 institutions and now has over 2700+ network institutes.
Course Start Date: 17 May 2021
Course End Date: 28 May 2021
· Geospatial technology for archaeology: Tools and techniques
· Space-based remote sensing for archaeological studies
· Ground-based geospatial techniques for archaeological/heritage studies
· Documentation of cultural heritage sites: Case examples
· Low altitude systems for archaeological investigations
· Microwave remote sensing for archaeological studies: Space and ground based
· Demonstration on terrestrial laser scanner
· Space based studies for landscape archaeology
· Advanced image processing based damage assessment of cultural heritage monuments
Apply: Visit the official website and fill out the form and upload supporting documents.